Thursday, August 27, 2009
Melting Away
Fall cannot come soon enough for me. It is my favorite time of year, and I am always ready for it when the August temperatures seem like they will never come down. With little rain and triple digit heat, not to mention the humidity, indoor activities have taken a precedence over outdoor ones. Making a tent and creating "telescopes" out of toilet paper rolls have been a few ideas that never get old and that also allow us to avoid the sun and its heat. Yesterday, we decided to melt all of our broken crayons to make new ones. It turned out better than I expected and was a wonderful science lesson! I know, I am such a nerd! :) Brooklyn thought we could eat them because anything that goes in the oven must be edible; it never ceases to amaze me how young childrens' minds work. I am thankful the Lord has given me time home with my children, though I cannot say I have used it to His advantage like I should. At times I think, I have to take Brooklyn and Brett somewhere to do something in order to provide fun and entertainment. A child's imagination is alive every second. Even on the toilet! Everything I need is right here, including air conditioning, which I am also very thankful for! I heard this quote today from the movie, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, "Your life is an occasion...Rise to it!" Thank you to the 102 heat (which is highly manageable) and to God for providing it so that we can spend a day indoors playing peek-a-boo around a rocking chair, singing songs as loud as possible, and coloring to our hearts' content. Because time falls away too quickly, and I have been given a wonderful opportunity. To the many more adventures we have indoors or out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment